Mainpro+® (Maintenance of Proficiency) is a College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) program designed to support and promote the continuing professional development (CPD) of family physicians practising in Canada.
Canadian Family Physician (CFP) is a certified Mainpro+ provider. Members of the CFPC may earn certified Self-Learning Mainpro+ credits for performing brief, reflective exercises after reading eligible articles in the journal. To perform a “reflective exercise” means to think about the content of the article and to consider what impact it will have on a practice (or continuing education).
Here’s how it works:
- Each issue of CFP includes articles that are designated as eligible for Mainpro+ certified Self-Learning credits. Look for the Mainpro+ symbol in the CFP Table of Contents in print or online.
- Read the article or articles to claim the related Mainpro+ certified credits. Articles are also available on the CFP website.
- Log in to Mainpro+.
- Click “Enter a CPD Activity” (green button at top of the page).
- Select Self-Learning.
- Click “Certified” and select “CFP Mainpro+ articles”.
- Select the article read.
- Click “Continue” to complete the reflective exercise.
- Select one of the three questions to answer, enter the date, and click “Submit”.
Alternatively, once logged in, members can access all articles available for Mainpro+ certified Self-Learning credits by going to “My Mainpro+ Articles” on the left side of this page. If not logged in, members will be prompted to do so. When ready, click the blue “Claim credits” button and continue with steps 4 to 9 outlined above.
The Rapid Response feature on cfp.ca allows readers to write online responses to articles published in the journal, make comments, or ask questions of the articles’ authors and other readers. When a Rapid Response is submitted, copies automatically go to CFP editors and the article’s corresponding author of the article. Rapid Responses are normally available on the site within one to two working days. Authors and other readers may respond to questions or comments.